New mom Alli just began her own breastfeeding journey with her daughter Harper. Follow her story for helpful tips, awesome product reviews and a look into the life of a new mama — coming to the Aeroflow Breastpumps blog each week!
When I found out I was pregnant with Harper, I immediately saw sweet images in my head of my future baby. One of my biggest life ambitions was to be a good mom and I was finally on my way! From that day forward I was happily stuck in a daydream, pondering what my little one was going to look like and be like. Now if you ask my husband, it may be a different story. Yes, he was overjoyed at the thought of a little mini-me to watch football with on Monday nights or the thought of a baby girl being wrapped around his finger, but instead of having thoughts of picking out cute baby clothes, I’m almost positive he immediately saw dollar signs.
We all know having a baby can rack up the bills. From burp cloths to bassinets to unexpected doctor visits, the costs of a baby are endless. Plus, that doesn’t even include the expenses for mom during those nine months she carries her baby. Those maternity clothes and late-night runs to the store for ice cream and pickles can really add up! That’s why it was important to my husband and me to be frugal when it came to spending money. At the same time, we wanted top quality products — especially when it came to my breast pump and accessories. That’s why we chose Lansinoh for all of my breast pumping needs. Not only are their products top quality, but they’re also reasonably priced. If Lansinoh makes it, you can be sure I own it. If you’re wondering which items were my favorites, check out my top five must have Lansinoh accessories below.
- Lansinoh HPA Lanolin. My hospital got me hooked on this stuff. They sent me home with a ton of samples of it, which led me to Aeroflow's online store where I bought a bigger tube of it when I ran out. Lansinoh's HPA Lanolin has saved my life! Maybe I’m being dramatic, but my nipples felt like they were on fire. Between nursing and pumping, I seriously thought for a minute that they might fall off. The Lansinoh Lanolin immediately soothes and moisturizes them. Plus a little bit of the cream goes a long way. One of the best features of the product is that it’s safe for baby, so I don’t have to wipe it off before nursing Harper. Now that it’s winter, the lanolin doubles as a lip moisturizer!
- Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage and Feeding Starter Set. I got the Starter Set as a gift at a baby shower and I'm so glad I did! It includes two 5-ounce mOmma bottles and two 8-ounce mOmma bottles. They also come with two of the slow flow NaturalWave nipples and two medium flow NaturalWave nipples. My chunker started drinking six ounces per feeding pretty quickly, so we took advantage of the 8-ounce bottles rather fast. Their NaturalWave nipples mimic real nipples so Harper had no issue switching back and forth between a bottle and my nipples, which was something I was very worried about when I introduced bottles. The set also includes 30 of their breastmilk storage bags, which leads to my next must-have Lansinoh accessory.
- Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags. I had tried many other brand freezer bags but they always leaked when I defrosted my milk from the freezer. This always led to a very frustrated mama! They do call breast milk “liquid gold” after all, and losing any of that precious milk can ruin a mom’s day in no time. Once my sister-in-law recommended Lansinoh’s breast milk storage bags, I never looked back. Not once have I had a leak! Plus, they have a built-in spout so they easily transfer milk to bottles.
- Lansinoh Soothies Gel Pads. These things basically lived on my nipples when I first got home from the hospital. The cooling relief they offer is amazing! The best thing about them is they can be reused and they come with a tray to store them in the fridge. The gel padscombined with lanolin are the best remedy a new breastfeeding mama can get!
- TheraPearl 3-in-1 Breast Therapy Packs. These breast therapy packs may be my favorite Lansinoh accessory. Not only can you warm them up to encourage let down but you can also freeze them to help with pain from engorgement. You can also just use them for comfort because they feel great when pumping whether they’re hot or cold. I can’t brag on these enough!
With the invention of the internet, you can spend days going back and forth researching which breast pump accessories to go with. Stop wasting your time and check out Lansinoh’s products. The hype is real: Lansinoh provides excellent products without breaking the bank. More money in the bank means more money to spend on cute baby clothes and fun toys. Take it from a mama who has tried all the other brands out there…trust me, they can’t compete!