Motherhood is hard. That might even be an understatement at times. From preparing to bring a little one into the world to the unpredictable journey of breastfeeding, sometimes you wonder what is best for your baby. In this day and age, Google can be a big help when your pediatrician’s office is closed or grandma isn’t around to answer questions, but sometimes you need a little boost in the right direction. Trusting your motherly instinct is always the best advice, but if you need a little pick-me-up, read these helpful tips that Aeroflow Breastpumps has put together to keep you sane!
- Sleep when the baby sleeps. This tip cannot be stressed enough. With a newborn wanting to feed every hour or so, sleep deprivation is a real thing. Put off cleaning the house and rest your head! This too shall pass…
- Network with other new mommies. There are various breastfeeding and new mommy support groups online where you can ask questions and hear other moms’ experiences.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you don’t want to ask, at least accept it when it’s offered. Let family bring over dinner or a neighbor do your dishes. (P.S - don’t feel guilty about it!)
- Take a break. Being a new mom can be extremely overwhelming. Have your partner take over a nighttime feeding so you can get some sleep or have a babysitter over for an hour or two so you can run an errand.
- Take advantage of your insurance benefits. Under the Affordable Care Act, you could be eligible for a free double electric breast pump through your insurance. Not sure which is the best breast pump on the market? A quick Google search will turn up several breast pump reviews that you can check out to determine the best breast pump out there for you. Keep in mind that there are different strokes for different folks so breast pump reviews will vary. Choose what’s best for you.