With the constant back pain, sleepless nights and relentless jabs in the ribs from your little one, the last month of pregnancy can be grueling for some. On the other hand, it also means you are that much closer to bringing your little one home. This can be such an eventful time that mom forgets to prepare, so the Aeroflow Breastpumps team has put together a checklist to help you get everything in order for your baby boy or girl when he or she is ready to shine!
To Prepare for Baby's Arrival:
- Pack your hospital bag. This is critical because no new mom wants to be stuck in an uncomfortable hospital gown when they leave. Be sure to pack an extra set or two of comfy clothes, socks, undies, clothing for the baby, baby blankets, toiletries, camera and cell phone charger, as well some change for the vending machine in case you get sick of the hospital food after you give birth.
- Get your car seat installed. It is quick and easy to do so go ahead and be sure to get that done because the hospital will not allow you to leave before getting your car seat checked to make sure it meets safety standards.
- SLEEP! Because once the baby comes, you won’t get to for a while.
- Wash baby clothes. Use a gentle detergent such as Dreft.
- Register at the hospital. Go ahead and get it over with so you can avoid a bunch of questions and paperwork when the baby comes. You will be glad you did.
- Run some errands. Stock up on frozen meals and snacks at the grocery store. Cooking is close to impossible in those first few days with a newborn.